Thank you for contacting us here at Ashby and Austin. We will endeavour to assist you in any way we can in your search for a New Home. Please read these notes, and do not hesitate to either call or email us if there is any further information that you require. The following information neither forms part of a contract or constitutes an offer. All negotiations are subject to approval of references and exchange of the Tenancy Agreements. A minimum of 7 days is required between the selection of a property and the commencement of a Tenancy (unless agreed formally between all parties.
Costs involved when considering a Tenancy
- There is no charge to register with Ashby and Austin, or to view available Properties
- Due to recent Government legislation there are no administration charges to be paid by Tenants
Once you have viewed a Property and wish to proceed with a let
- You will be asked for a Holding Deposit in order to secure the Property for you. This will be calculated as ONE WEEKS RENT, and when the Tenancy goes through this will be deducted from your overall FIVE WEEKS RENT. The deposit and acceptance of such a deposit does not bind the Landlord in any way to proceed. If he/ she decides to withdraw from negotiations, the whole of the deposit will be returned to the Applicant.
- The holding deposit is non-returnable should you withdraw from the transaction or the references are unsatisfactory.
Once your references are confirmed and the Landlord approves, an Invoice and Tenancy Agreement will be drawn up. The invoice will include:
- The first months’ rent in advance
- The deposit as calculated by five weeks rent. This will be held as security against any dilapidations, the balance of which will be refunded to you at the end of the Tenancy once the Check out report is received by our Agency. All deposits are registered with and protected by My deposits Deposit Protection, and a Certificate in proof of this will be sent to all Tenants for their endorsement and retention. There is no interest paid for any deposits held.
With Managed Properties Ashby and Austin will carry out quarterly property visits which will give Tenants an opportunity to point out any problems they might be having. We pride ourselves very much on having good and open relationships with all of our Tenants and Landlords, this all makes of an enjoyable, fulfilling and rewarding partnership for us all.
We look forward very much to welcoming you into our fold!